Laura R. Miller, RLA
Partner, Principal Landscape Architect
Laura has more than 25 years of experience beginning with skills acquired from previous Architectural, Land Planning, Environmental and Design-Build firms since 1983.
Laura joined Wallace in 1990 and became managing partner in 1998. Her project experience includes numerous variations of custom home garden design throughout the Delaware valley. She works closely with clients to interpret their needs and desires, and balances them with budget constraints.
Laura is inspired by the creation of new environments. She enjoys the opportunity to work with all styles of homes incorporating each individual’s lifestyle and taste, then blending it seamlessly with the surrounding environment. Laura includes natural elements into the designed landscape by incorporating water, stone and a variety of plant palettes. She also finds ways to integrate green practices, including recycling onsite materials and creative ways to manage storm water. A recipient of many awards for her creativity, Laura designs landscapes of enduring character and dedicates experience and vision to every project.
Laura earned a Bachelors of Science in Environmental Planning and Design from Rutgers University, Cook College.
Accreditations & Memberships:
- Registered Landscape Architect in Pennsylvania and Delaware
- Member of American Society of Landscape Architects
- Member of Women Entrepreneurs Professional Services (WEPS)
- Gold Award – Pennsylvania Landscape & Nurseryman’s Association (PLNA) Excellence in Landscape Design “Residential Hardscape”
- Bronze Award – PLNA Excellence in Landscape Design
- Merit Award – Environmental Improvement (PLANET)
- Honorable Mention – PLNA Excellence in Landscape Design “Historic Restoration Garden